Saturday 4 January 2014

Colourphobe

Pastel colours with a neutral backdrop
I'm a self-confessed colourphobe when it comes to interior design.  If it's not in the taupe, grey, white, or from the 'neutral' family, I'm usually not listening!  Now, as we begin to embrace the new season here at Butterfly Lane, I am determined to also embrace the subject of colour - and injecting it in to interior design.  Now, baby steps are required...

Granted colour can look fabulous and cheerful but I want to ease it in to existing 'neutral' rooms with subtle charm not like the Dulux factory has exploded.  

Step in accessories...my favourite.  

The pale pink blanket and coordinating flowers add a subtle freshness to this neutral room.  


These red silk chairs are stunning and add an instant impact to a room - nothing else is needed colour wise.


Yellow screams spring time joy and this room looks so inviting.  


A cream and grey backdrop with punchy orange upholstery.  How gorgeous? 


Now deep down within my colourphobe personality I have a huge, unfaltering draw towards greeny/yellowy/citrussy tones *mouth drops to the floor in surprise*.  Whether it be a notebook, a bracelet or a cushion, I am literally a bee around honey with this striking palette.  This study (below) therefore is right up my street...although I'm not quite so brave so I will be wearing a scarf in this shade instead...and admiring from afar.


Calming blues lift this neutral bedroom...


A hit of yellow in your kitchen?  Why not!  


What's your favourite colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...