Monday 10 September 2012

Shimmer & Shine This Autumn


As September progresses I'm all about embracing the new AW trends and giving my wardrobe a new lease of life.  I have been daring and purchased a pair of skinny black leather trousers to wear with a bejewelled blouse/chunky knit combo.  However, I need the temperature to drop at least 10 degrees before I can attempt to wear my new look.  But, I promise you I'm not hurrying this glorious Indian summer away.  

Needless to say I am jumping on the Shimmer & Shine trend this season in the fashion stakes and I also think this trend dilutes brilliantly in to your home too.  I do love it when fashion transcends in to home design. 

It's grown up glamour, think silver and gold accents, sparkle and a touch of, dare I say it...glitter.  But just keep it chic and classic.  Here are my favourite rooms that subtly encapsulates the Shimmer & Shine trend for this autumn. 

This room is all over this trend!  Sparkling glass chandelier - check.  Luxurious velvet sofa - check.  Shimmering feature wall - check.  Grey and black colour scheme, with hints of gold - check.



With clean white walls and matt gold accessories this sitting room is opulent yet understated.  


(Left) A sofa full of cushions and throws really showcases this trend.  A variety of grey shades in different fabrics, shimmering textiles and sequinned details, looks just fabulous!

The Shimmer & Shine trend can carry you through the seasons, it is not just a passing phase.  With a classic colour palette and luxurious detailing, what's not to like? 

Why not jump on board and add some stunning accessories in to your home to jump-start this trend.  Here at Butterfly Lane we have the perfect investment pieces...

Shop HERE 
Shop HERE

Shop HERE
'Shimmer & Shine' to cheer up these colder months.  Glamour is here to stay!  

Sign up for Butterfly Lane updates below. 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner







No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...