Monday 18 June 2012

How Accessories And Design Details Can Maximise A Room

I’ve always been pedantic about detailing, maybe it's my fashion background, maybe it's just instilled within me from birth, who knows!  When getting dressed I make sure that the roll on my sleeve is such so, that my jewellery selection lifts an outfit just enough and that my handbag suits my days activities...crazy behaviour!  So it goes without saying that I am exactly the same (if not a tad worse) when it comes to interior design and accessorising mine, and other people’s homes.

I love classic looks, simple interiors but with quirky and individual pieces of design, that stand out from the crowd.  Whether this is in an amazing painting, great fabric or accessory, it is what differentiates our homes from one another.  It can take years of looking for the perfect accessories to make your house a home, but it is so fun looking isn’t it? 

These personal accessories on this bed side table really adds character to this room
This simple jug with flowers gives an elegant edge to this plain work surface 
This room is full of great, yet simple accessories which really lift the room
This sideboard houses lots of accessories
Lovely accessories against a simple colour palette and simple furniture really gives this image the wow factor
An unusual accessory can really transform a simple space or sideboard.  I am a magpie, and am instantly attracted to pretty things, so I love scouring high and low to find the most perfect, adaptable and versatile accessories to fit your home.  The collection of my finds will be available to buy at the Butterfly Lane online boutique soon.  Sign up at the bottom of this post  for updates and remember to verify your email address.



Here are my top five accessories so far to add that je ne sais pas to your home.  All available at Butterfly Lane very soon.  Email us on info@butterflylane.co.uk for further information.  


Gorgeous bird bowl

Distressed wooden candle holder
The prettiest glass trinket box 
Pot jar
Striking picture frame

Let us know what your favourite home accessories are... 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner




No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...