Thursday 19 April 2012

Wedding Bells

Wedding season is upon us and in full swing here at Butterfly Lane HQ.  I have already attended one swanky countryside affair and have two more in the coming months - hats at the ready!  I can honestly say that I love a wedding, a day long (or sometimes weekend long) celebration of love and hope (please don't be sick!).  Some find them cheesy, some find them a waste of money, but I find them truly magical.  I've attended the big, the small and the truly intimate of weddings, ranging from countryside fabulousness, a vintage tea party theme, a service on the edge of Lake Como (breathtaking), a city wedding and one in stunning parkland.  I truly believe that it's the little touches that stay with you, the token gestures and the small details of design.

  
Here at Butterfly Lane we would like to give all you brides and grooms to be some inspiration for your big day.  The choices you make for your wedding day are so important, they will be 


documented for life in photograph after photograph and should be something you look back on with pride and nostalgia.  No pressure!  It is so important to me that when I look back on my wedding photo's in 30 years time, they still look classic, timeless, with not a hint of a possibility of an embarrassing question arising 'what on earth did you wear on your head?'!  



I always imagined my wedding being at my parents home, channeling the film Father of the Bride, and definitely including the swans!  But the venue is only the start of the preparation.   Are you a city, country or eloping married-couple-to-be?  Spring, summer, autumn or winter?  Pimms v's a hot toddy, roaring open fires v's air conditioning...and I haven't even mentioned 'the' dress!  

However, how you dress the venue, the room and the tables on your wedding day will really showcase your individuality.  In true Butterfly Lane style I love lashings of cream, white, pearl and ivory on a wedding day, it's just so classic, timeless and elegant, everything that a wedding should be in my opinion.       

Here are some inspirational images, from table settings to flowers, that will hopefully inspire you for your special day.  










The Butterfly Lane online boutique will be launching in the coming weeks and we have a dedicated wedding section.  Whether you are a guest who requires a special gift (we have lots of amazing options), or a couple who would like to use our exclusive, luxurious and bespoke Gift List Registry (more on that soon), or if you require gorgeous things to style your special day with, elegant vases, jugs, candles holders, ceramic or glass, Butterfly Lane is here to help!  We are so excited to be launching our wedding boutique, I know that you'll just love it and be totally inspired, I know that we are!  

Love is in the air...X 

For all enquiries regarding the Butterfly Lane Wedding Boutique please email us on giftlist@butterflylane.co.uk.  

All images are from our Pinterest Gallery.  

Please sign up for Butterfly Lane interior design inspiration directly in to your inbox.  Simply enter your email address below, and remember to verify it! 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...